Please take this the right way, I love the Uploader theme and I walked into some roadblocks while trying to optimise it myself. I hope you will be able to take this feedback and improve the theme.
- If you click on the ‘Submit content’ button, it shows a dropdown menu. Whatever media type you select, it will still ask you what media type you want to post in the pop-up window. Eg. I’d click on ‘Submit content’ and select ‘Video’. It then will still ask me to select a media type again, and the default ‘Post’ option is selected (instead of ‘Video’).
- Whatever media type you select, the requirements of the post don’t change. If a user selected ‘Video’ he/she can still upload only an image, or just a description.
- It’s not possible to like a post on the post itself (see my other question).
- The ‘post’ option in the uploader is called ‘article’ in the dropdown menu of the ‘Submit content’ button, which can be confusing.
- I’d love to see a WYSIWYG text editor on the frontend for the users. It should also be easier to upload an image from your computer and insert it in the post (at whatever position in the post, not necessarily at the end). This is still possible now using the IMG tags, but you’ll have to fill in an URL – you can’t upload an image from your PC.
Suggested features (nice to haves)
- A search bar to search for specific users (on top of the ‘Browse user’ page) – so you can easily find your friends that are also on the platform.
- The videos are black when first loaded, they don’t have a nice thumbnail/preview image.
I hope you’ll take at least the bug fixes in consideration – although the WYSIWYG text editor is also quite important for me personally.
Let me know if any of this is on the agenda, I wouldn’t mind paying extra for these features either.