An alternative way to import your demo data is using WordPress Importer.
- Go to “WP-admin > Tools > Import” Click WordPress (if you are prompted to install the importer plugin, do so)
- Click on ‘Choose file’ and select your theme folder data.xml
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button to run the import process. After a few moments, you will receive a confirmation message to say that the process has finished.
- Once imported successfully, navigate to Appearance > Theme Options (Appearance > Customizer in the > static front page > select front page) and configure your content
- That’s it, enjoy!